NMR Spectrometer Simulator
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- NMR Spectrometer Simulations will be performed with MestreS software, which provides a simple interface for learning how a real NMR works.
Accessing and/or installing MestreS
- Most of you will likely be using MestreS through the Windows Server. Click here to learn how to connect to the Windows Server
- You will be supplied by a login and a password by emmail.
- You can also install it on your own computer (optional), but you will have to do this on your own, although I have instructions for older versions of Mac and Windows
|Windows 11||Not Tried|
|Windows 10||N/A||Minor Rendering Issues|
|Windows 7 and below||N/A||Works Perfectly|
|Mac OS 11 or 12
with ARM Processor
(Big Sur and Monterrey)
|Crossover||Unsuccessful installation with
Installation may work with
|Mac OS <10.14||Crossover||I have WineBottler version that
should work for MacOS 10.12
(Sierra) or earlier. It was tested on
MacOS 10.8, 10.7 and 10.6.
|Virtual Machines (Mac Intel)||Parallels||Not Tried.|
|Virtual Machines (Windows/LInux)||VirtualBox||Not Tried|
- Installation instructions for some of the configurations
Tutorials on MestReS
- NMR Instrumentation
- NMR Probe Temperature
- Your NMR Sample
- Tuning and Matching (Not Simulated on MestReS)
- Locking (Varian Style)
- Locking simulation of the Bruker Style is also possible.
- Setting the Parameters
- Acquiring a Spectrum
Assignment #2 NMR Part
- You can work together on my part, but your answers should be a little different.
- You will need the password for the labwiki.org website to access this.