Dr. Roberts' Assignments
- These are assignments that Dr. Roberts is responsible for. This does not apply to other lecturers in the course.
Assignment #1: Graphing and Data Analysis
- You can do the project that is explained or something more detailed.
Assignment #2: NMR Spectrometer Simulator (10 out of 50 points)
- Dr. Zheng's part on organic chemistry = 25 points
- Dr. Bartlett's part on M.S. spectrometry = 15 points
- Dr. Robert's part with the NMR spectrometer simulator = 10 points
Assignment #3: Bioinformatics and Chemoinformatics
- Requires installation of the Jupyter Lab IDE in Anaconda with Python version 126.96.36.199
- Recommend setting up a separate environment for doing this assignment
- If you have a small molecule drug for your Capstone project, pick three different methods to analyze your small molecule drug.
- If you have a biologic drug for your Capstone project, pick three different methods to analyze your small drug.
Assignment #4: Biologics-related presentation and discussion
- Dr. Kennedy's assignment.
Assignment #5: Essay on a newly developed biologic
- Dr. Kennedy's assignment.:
Assignment #6: Molecular and Homology Modeling project
- You can do this project on your drug and your biological target.
- Tutorials for the NMR challenge
- Small molecule NMR analysis of progesterone.
- Small molecule NMR analysis of ubiquitin.
Capstone Presentation- Drugs and Targets
- Table of Drugs and Targets
- You will have to pick a drug and a target. Each person will have a unique one. Please email it to me.
Potentially Useful Information
- I have had native speakers in Chinese (several) and Italian attest to the accuracy of DeepL Translate to translate English into their native languages.
- I have had a native speaker attest to the accuracy of Yandex to translate English into Arabic.
- For speaking text in various languages, AWS Polly seems to be the best.