Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Download and install the Zotero software
- Download and install connectors for Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge
- Install the Microsoft Word plugin for Zotero.
- Do not install the plugin for Google Documents or LibreOffice. None of them are compatible with each other and Microsoft Word is the standard for Word Processing.
- Open Zotero.
- Edit ⇒ Preferences
- Select thetab.
- Put in your login and password.
- If you did it correctly, it should look like: Click to enlarge
Saving Space on your Computer for Zotero
- For syncing, Zotero downloads the whole library from the internet. This can take up all your computer space. As of 2/4/22, the lab Zotero library takes up 11.5 Gbytes. You can save space by putting it on a cloud service like a Google drive. The advantage is that the Zotero will not take up much space on your computer.
- You can put the Zotero database onto your Google drive. For my lab, the location of the Zotero syncing library is in the main directory.
- To connect to this library, open Zotero.
- Edit ⇒ Preferences...
- Click thetab.
- If you did it correctly, it should look like:
- Depending on how your Google drive and Google Desktop is set up, make a directory on your Google drive called Zotero. Mine is G:\My Drive\Zotero.
- Installing Zotero.
- Organizing and Adding Collection.
- Adding Items with a Single Click.
- Normally PDFs are automatically added to your Zotero library through a web browser connector. The following video tutorial explains how to add PDFs.
- How to Edit Citation information.
- How to deal with duplicate items in your Zotero collection
- How to use Zotero within